- A spinal fracture is a serious injury in which one or more vertebra in the spinal column collapses, causing the vertebra to become compressed.
- It is typically caused by high-impact trauma, such as a car accident or long-distance fall, but can also be caused by osteoporosis in older individuals with weakened bones.
- The primary symptom is moderate to severe back pain that is made worse by movement.
- When the spinal cord is also involved, numbness, tingling, weakness, or bowel/bladder dysfunction may occur
- Bed rest, analgesics
- Minimally invasive pedicle screw fixation
- Decompression and fixation
If you are a patient or patient\'s relative and seek more information on Spine fractures, send an enquiry or ask your specific question directly to Dr. Pallav Bhatia, best Spine Consultant in Pune. Alternatively, you can book an appointment for a face-to-face consultation on Spine fractures